Mastering HTML5, CSS3, And XML
Web Standards: Mastering HTML5, CSS3, and XML provides solutions to the most common web design problems, and gives you a deep understanding of web standards and how they can be implemented to improve your web sites. You will learn how to develop fully standards-compliant, mobile-friendly, and search engine-optimized web sites that are robust, fast, and easy to update while providing excellent user experience and interoperability. The book covers all major web standards for markup, style sheets, web typography, web syndication, semantic annotations, and accessibility. The second edition has been fully updated with the latest in web standards, including the finalized HTML5 vocabulary and the full list of CSS3 properties.
Web Standards: Mastering HTML5, CSS3, and XML is also a comprehensive guide to current and future standards for the World Wide Web, demonstrating the implementation of new technologies to address the constantly growing user expectations. Web Standards: Mastering HTML5, CSS3, and XML presents step-by-step guides based on solid design principles and best practices, and shows the most common web development tools and web design frameworks. You will master HTML5 and its XML serialization, XHTML5, the new structuring and multimedia elements, the most important HTML5 APIs, and understand the standardization process of HTML 5.1, HTML 5.2, and future HTML5 versions.
Sikos, L. F. Web Standards – Mastering HTML5, CSS3, and XML Second Edition. Apress Media, LLC, New York, NY, USA, 2014; 550 ps. ISBN-10: 1484208846, ISBN-13: 978-1-484208-84-7, DOI: 10.1007/978-1-4842-0883-0 | Buy book | Buy Kindle ebook
What You’ll Learn:
- Responsive Web Design techniques to create mobile-friendly web sites, “Mobile First” web design with ZURB Foundation, Bootstrap, Skeleton, the Less Framework, and Gumby
- Standard-compliance of the rendering engine of IE, Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, and Opera
- The HTML5 Core vocabulary, including the new HTML5 multimedia, image, and form features,
canvas, SVG embedding, and common HTML5 mistakes
- The most common HTML5 APIs, CSS3 properties such as
text-stroke, multiple backgrounds, and CSS3 transitions, and jQuery functions
- Cutting edge technologies for robustness, accessibility, machine-readability, and usability
- How to write structured data as HTML5 Microdata for Google Rich Snippets
- The latest web design trends and their standardization concerns
Web Standards: Mastering HTML5, CSS3, and XML is a recommended book for university courses such as the Web Technologies and Standards course at the University of Pittsburgh.
For further computer books of the author, check the full list of his computer books.